#GivingTuesday #PieInTheFaceForTheKids Fundraiser
When #GivingTuesday first started on social media as a way for nonprofits to raise money and to remind people of the spirit of the holiday season after all the shopping on Black Friday and Cyber Monday, it was common for people to remove their faces from their social media with a #noselfie hashtag in a show of solidarity to put others before ourselves by giving back and helping those less fortunate.
For 2022, we are taking that a big further at CDH International by remembering the #noselfie hashtag, combining it with Thanksgiving leftovers and raising money for our kids in a way that might be a little controversial but a whole lot of fun!
Introducing the #GivingTuesday #PieInTheFaceForTheKids Fundraiser!
Our President, Dawn Ireland, has volunteered to receive one pie in the face for every $30 donated to CDH International for this fundraiser. Other Board Members and leaders are stepping up to participate too. So if you need to get some stress out, have a beef with someone or want to just help a great cause - then "purchase" a pie or join in and get pies in the face for CDH International too!
AND if you don't want our nice, sweet, hardworking President to get a pie in the face, then donate $50 to block 1 pie!
Here's how to buy or block a pie:
- Purchase a Pie here in our shop or via a Facebook Fundraiser. There's no limit to the number you can purchase.
- Block a pie on the same pages - we know $30 is to buy one, $50 is to block one
How to participate:
- Create a Facebook Fundraiser like this one.
- Contact us to add you to the shop as well and we can also make you a custom graphic. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make pies (tins with just whip cream - or an actual pie if you're that brave) according to the number of pies people bought. Please note that you're doing this at your own risk and CDH International takes no responsibility if you get pie in the eye or any other injuries.
- On #GivingTuesday, have somehow pie you in the face. I can be anyone at all but kids do a better job. Videotape it! Or at least take some photos. Send them to us at email@example.com
- If anyone gave you cash or checks, please mail to CDH International, 3650 Rogers Rd #290, Wake Forest, NC 27587 within 7 business days of Giving Tuesday. Please don't put cash in the mail.
- Thank everyone who helped you raise money for the kids!
- Everyone who receives a pie in the face gets a shirt!